Hotmail is the first webmail service on the internet. It was commercially launched on July 4th, 1996, Hotmail was sold to Microsoft in December 1997 for a reported $400 million, and it joined the MNS group of services. There might be two reasons for forgetting Microsoft account password they are like you have forgotten the password, haven’t two-step verification turned on, or are traveling or using a new device.
We are provided some suggestions to get back your account very quickly try these steps :
- Make sure that caps lock is off when you are entering the password and please write the email without any spelling errors.
- Clear your browser history, or try signing in to your account from a different internet browser.
If you want to recover on mobile please follow the steps
1.Open Outlook: Tap the Outlook app icon, which resembles a white box with a blue “O” on it.
2.Tap Get Started: Skip this step if you’ve opened Outlook before.
- You should only have to reset your Outlook password if you have never signed into Outlook on your smartphone or tablet, or if your account recently had the password changed.
3.Enter your email address: Please enter the email address in the middle of a page.
4.Tap Add account: It’s below the email address field. This will take you to the password entry page.
- Skip this step if you’re signing back into Outlook after a password reset or a reinstallation of the Outlook app.
5.Click on the Forgot My password link: Which is on the bottom of the screen.
6.Check the “I forgot my password” box: This field is on top of the page.
7.Tap Next: It’s at the bottom of the screen.
8.Enter the verification code: Tap the “Enter the characters you see” text box, then type in the characters that are in the code box above the text box.
- Click on NEW next to the code box to reset the code.
- the text in the code box is case-sensitive.
9.Tap an account recovery option: Tap either Email or Text on this page.
- If you haven’t registered a backup phone number, you’ll just see Email
- Tap on don’t have any of these if you didn’t register a backup email account or phone number, tap NEXT, enter a backup email, and follow the on-screen instructions. This may help you get your account back.
10.Enter your phone num or Email address: Click on the text area below your selected recovery option and enter your email address or the last four digits of your phone number to verify your identification.
11.Tap Send code: It’s in the lower-right corner of the page. After doing these a recovery code will get to your email address or phone number
Retrieve the recovery code To do so:
- Email: Open the recovery email address, select the email from “Microsoft account team”, and write the code next to the “Security code” commanding.
- Text: You will get a code to your phone message app which is the six-digit number.
- Enter the recovery code: Click on the “Enter the code” text area, Enter that code which you have retrieved from your email address or phone number, and tap Next. if your code is right you will be moved to reset page
- Enter a new password: Type your new password into the “New password” and “Reenter password” fields, then tap Next.
- Tap Next when prompted: you will be directed to login or sign in the page where you can sign in to your account with the new password.
Hope you have understood how to recover your Hotmail password if you have any queries let us know in comment section.